Thursday, December 21, 2006

2-0

I have predicted two games in a row correct. Thats something I am pretty confident that I did not do this entire regular season. BYU looked pretty good tonight, I was expecting a lot more from Oregon. The Ducks disappointed, I thought their running game would keep them in it but when you fall behind early, you don't have many options but to start passing.


Without a doubt the Ducks did showcase the ugliest helmets I think I have ever seen in college football. They may want to consider revising the helmet rules over at tHRB because on paper this helmet sounds nice. Instead it is hideous.

Things continue on tomorrow with the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. The New Orleans Bowl used to always kick off bowl season, instead this year it is the third bowl game. Rice vs. Troy is the matchup and their is one reason I am going to watch this game...Jarret Dillard. 5'11'', 160 pounds is all there is to this young man, but he did catch 82 balls for 1176 yards and 20 touchdowns this season. I don't know what you can expect to see from him in the bowl game though because he did celebrate his 21st birthday on Thursday.

Rice started off the season slow, losing their first four before winning 7 of their final 8 games, including their last 6 to get to 7-5 on the year. Troy very nearly knocked off Florida State (not saying much) in Tallahassee this year but were killed by Nebraska in the only other real game they played this season.


I expect Dillard to come out and play well in his showcase game of the year. Only time he will probably ever be in front of national TV in college, I really do think he will perform and the Owls leave the Big Easy victorious...

Rice 27 Troy 17

No comments: