Thursday, October 26, 2006

This Weekend

This weekend pretty much sucks for College Football. One matchup between ranked opponents as it will be Missouri hosting Oklahoma.

Talk about two teams on the fall. Missouri looked excellent a couple of weeks ago, but with a loss in Aggieland two weekends ago, this team was exposed. They will catch a break that Adrian Peterson will not play, but I still don't think I like their chances. Going with the 1.5 pt dog in this one...

Oklahoma 24 Mizzou 20

Notre Dame travels to Baltimore to take on Navy this weekend. 42 in a row for the Irish but this one still concerns me. We have not been able to stop the run this year and, well, Navy kind of likes to run the ball if you couldn't tell. However, the Irish will come into this one with a chip on their shoulder I think. Offense was embarrassed last week against UCLA, needing a last minute touchdown to seal the deal. I think the offense will come out firing, but who knows what to expect defensively for Notre Dame. I would bet on an early score or two by the Naval Academy before the Irish defense eventually slows them down.

Notre Dame 31 Navy 14

And the game of the week is one that I will be broadcasting. Unranked North Central College enters with a 5-2 record while Augustana (24 recieving votes) enters with a 5-2 mark, both losses however coming against non-conference opponents. Its supposed to get nasty out this weeekend...Sleet, snow, rain. Not good for a team with that lines up in the shotgun each down. Augustana will embarrass a Cardinal defense that can't stop the run.

Augustana 28 North Central 10

Who the hell are these teams you ask? I go to school at North Central and will be broadcasting the game live at 2:00 PM Saturday. Listen to me live if you like on WONC.

No comments: